tz.acetonemagazine.org
New recipes

Jamie Oliver Takes Aim at Boris Johnson Following EU Referendum

Jamie Oliver Takes Aim at Boris Johnson Following EU Referendum


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.


Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver has a message for his fellow Britons following the EU referendum. Naturally, the message isn’t rosy at all.

Oliver took to Instagram as he wrapped up filming in Sardinia. This news was not greeted kindly by Oliver, who immediately used the hashtag #BuggerOffBoris to express his dismay.

Boris Johnson is the bombastic former mayor of London who improbably broke his alliance with David Cameron to lead the Brexit campaign. Pundits on both sides of the Atlantic have likened him to Donald Trump, and Oliver’s vitriol for the man is at a level usually reserved for red-faced Americans yelling about Trump; why else would he use caps lock for emphasis USUALLY ONLY RESERVED FOR CRAZY PEOPLE.

Regardless, the post is a thoughtful look at a turbulent and unprecedented time in British history. Oliver’s post, in British fashion, shows that, despite his disagreement with the result, he will do his utmost to “make it work.” Oliver will use that can-do attitude to try and enact real, political change. Maybe afterwards he can take his newfound attitude and shore up his flagging company.


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Self-styled Remoaner BBC satirist Ian Hislop faces backlash as anti-EU rant resurfaces

Link copied

Brexit: Ian Hislop slams EU on 'Have I Got News for You' in 2003

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they'll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A Have I Got News for You clip from 2003 featuring satirist Ian Hislop has resurfaced as it shows the Remainer breaking into an anti-EU rant. In the clip Mr Hislop reflects on the then European Constitution being proposed by the &ldquoEuropean Convention&rdquo working group. He also takes aim at Tony Blair for his refusal to allow a referendum on the issue.

Related articles

Mr Hislop has made no secret of his opposition to Brexit, describing himself as a "Remoaner" last year. Asked on The Andrew Marr Show whether he was a "Remoaner", the &lsquoHave I Got News for You&rsquo team captain replied &ldquoyes&rdquo.

But in the newly-resurfaced clip, the comedian appeared to reveal his contempt for the bloc.

He said: &ldquoIt is an idea put forward by the French about how they should run Europe. It is put forward by Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who in this country would be in jail.

&ldquoIt is the equivalent of having Jeffery Archer decide the future of the continent. He got involved in a scandal of taking diamonds from emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa.

A video of Ian Hislop's enraged anti-EU rant has resurfaced (Image: BBC&bullGETTY)

Ian Hislop's views on Europe has drastically changed following his anti-EU rant as he considers himself a "Remoaner" (Image: HIGNFY)

&ldquoBokassa, that charming humanitarian who had a fridge full of human body parts.

&ldquoHe was one of those really charming French leaders that they turn up over time really.

&ldquoThe idea of being told about a constitution of Europe by d&rsquoEstaing is absolutely ludicrous.

&ldquoSorry I do sound a bit like the Daily Mail but occasionally they are right.

Ian Hislop took aim at Tony Blair for his reluctant use of referendums on important issues (Image: Getty)

Ian Hislop: I won't give up fighting for the remain camp

&ldquoWe were meant to have a referendum on this but Tony Blair doesn&rsquot want a referendum.

&ldquoIt is for a perfectly good reason, he would lose, so we are not having one.

&ldquoWe have a referendum on whether there are local council elections, whether you want a monkey in Hartlepool, really important issues.

&ldquoBut on the fact of whether you want to be ruled by a group of people in Brussels, it is not important.

&ldquoSorry about that but it is sort of irritating really.&rdquo

Related articles

Ian Hislop mocked Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for his diamond scandal during his Eurosceptic rant (Image: Getty)

Trending

A tweet from prominent Brexiteer Darren Grimes highlighted the clip , in which the popular campaigner said: " Ian Hislop used to make the case for Brexit better than I ever could. Now he and Private Eye are puppets for the Remain establishment and attack a 20-something over the biased Electoral Commission. How sad!"

Responding to Mr Grimes' message, one Twitter user said: "It is a shame. A magazine that used to be anti-establishment now peddles corporatist group."

Someone else wrote: "Stopped subscription about five years ago. Stopped watching hignfy about three years ago. Arrogant."

Unamused, another person said: " Hear hear! Cannot abide Ian Hyslop with his smug, self-righteous leftist view. Nothing left of the original Private Eye."

The latest revelation comes in stark contrast to Mr Hislop&rsquos comments regarding Brexit and the current political climate as he dubbed himself a &ldquoRemoaner&rdquo on the Andrew Marr show in 2017.

He defended his stance by saying: &ldquoDemocracy works by people continuing to argue about the issues involved.

&ldquoAnd when someone wins an election the opposition doesn&rsquot say that is it, thank you we are going home for the next five years.

&ldquoYou continue with the argument because it is in everybody&rsquos interests to present those points of view.&rdquo


Watch the video: Boris Johnson: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver HBO


Comments:

  1. Akilar

    I apologize, but I think you are wrong. Enter we'll discuss it. Write to me in PM.

  2. Caswallan

    There is something in this. Now everything is clear, thanks for the explanation.

  3. Megami

    I can't take part in the discussion right now - there is no free time. I will be released - I will definitely express my opinion on this issue.

  4. Quigley

    Agree, the message very useful



Write a message